The due date, or date by which you are obligated to meet your minimum payment each month, can only be changed for personal loans with a current creditor that supports this feature , and only if you meet the following requirements:
- You have a 3 or 5 year loan;
- Your loan must not be past due;
- You have made at least one payment
- You haven’t changed your due date in the past 12 months
- You are making the change to move your due date at least 2 business days before the current due date;
- You have more than 2 payment periods remaining;
- You have not already made a payment for the current period OR have a payment scheduled in the next 3 business days;
- Your loan is not in bankruptcy, active forbearance, settlement, repossession, or in a reduced payment period for a reduction/term extension modification.
However, you can determine your own payment date at any time, and if you have enrolled in recurring payments, you can change that payment date through the Upstart dashboard. Please note that if your payment is received after your due date, you may incur a late payment fee depending on the terms of your promissory note.